The search for chairs for office use in the UK is not always an easy one. This is because there are a lot of factors to consider before settling on an office chair. The office chair you are looking for can be for ergonomic support, aesthetics, gaming to the best chair for your back.
Whichever, the reason, there are different chairs suiting your needs. A Herman Miller chair by John Lewis may not be the best option because it is pricey but you can always go for a Play Haha seat for your office needs affordably.
The chairs this post will focus on are:
- Play Haha, Gaming Chair
- Office Essentials Height Adjustable Desk Chair
- DRAGONN Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
- Executive Recline Extra Padded Office Chair
- Office Essentials Mesh-Back Swivel Chair
- Cherry Tree Racing Gaming Style PU Leather Swivel Chair
Best Chairs Under 100 Reviews in the UK
Play Haha, gaming Chair
- Height Adjustment: The pneumatic lifting allows you adjust the chair to a specific height between 104-114 cm and the back to 63. The seat is 46-53 cm.
- Comfortable and durable material: The foam has good elasticity with 8 cm thickness. It makes it comfortable and ergonomic. You can sit on for long hours. It has a 150 kg capacity.
- After-sales service: You can get a refund or replacement within 30 days for any reason. There is also a 12 month warranty on its parts.
- Multi-function: Comes with multi-direction wheels and 360 degree swivel. You can make adjustments using a knob underneath it.
What makes it stand out?
Gaming chairs are often notoriously pricey but that is unlike the Play Haha Gaming chair. What makes it stand out and the best option is the fact that you get the same comfort and durability you would get from Herman Miller chairs by John Lewis but cheaper. It is uniquely comfortable and it is easy to assemble. This is the kind of chair you can sit on for very long hours without your bum getting tired.
Office Essentials Height Adjustable Desk Chair
- Simple but robust: It is upholstered in a tough fabric. It is suitable for minimalists.
- Adjustable height: This is enabled by the Swivel mechanism to find a comfortable sitting position.
- Capacity: It can carry users weighing up to 90 kg. It comes with self-assembly instructions.
- Gas lift: It contains a Class 4 chrome gas lift. It is the highest quality available meaning the height adjustment feature can go high up.
- Dimensions: It is 43.5cm in seat width, total seat height 73.5-85cmcm, back width 38cm, back height 20.5cm and seat height 41.5cm.
What makes it stand out?
This is a simplistic chair that you can get if you are on a tight budget. This is why it is the best budget option. It is also especially suitable for small offices. The chair can fits perfectly in tight-knit spaces including bedrooms. It is not only basic but it is also the best ergonomic office seat. You can easily adjust its tilt and height to suit your individual needs. However, this is not a chair that you can sit on for extended hours.
DRAGONN Kneeling Chair
Best Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
- Heavy duty: The chair is designed with a strong metal base. This ensures that the chair lasts and can support persons weighing up to 115kg.
- Ergonomic office chair: It is equipped with a 3-inch thick mesh cushion to give you excellent support. It can also support your knees, behind and shins. Furthermore, the 4 wheels give you freedom of movement just like other office chairs.
- Height adjustable: You can easily adjust the chair’s height to suit your needs. Its height is adjustable between 53cm and 72cm to enable you find that perfect position.
- Modern design: It comes in a slick and modern grey design that can contribute to the beauty of your home, classroom or office.
What makes it stand out?
Unlike other office chairs where you have to hunch over to properly reach your desk or keyboard, you can tilt your this chair. This is a good ergonomic kneeling option because hunching over to reach your desk or keyboard for hours on end can be very tiring and also detrimental to your back. This posture chair comes with a functional design that nicely give you the benefits of standing and the relief you receive while sitting all at the same time. It ensures you back is kept in upright position and at the same time distributes your weight evenly. This helps in ensuring that your spine is always aligned.
Executive Recline Extra Padded Office Chair
Most Padding Chair
- Recline function with PU leather: You can independently adjust the seat back to tilt and lock in position.
- Ample padding: The armrests, seat and seat back are all amply padded to provide you with superior comfort. The padding is finished with a matching black stitching. It is also height adjustable with a 360 degree swivel pneumatic seat.
- Flat packed: It has a capacity of up to 113kg and it is easy to assemble.
- Dimensions: Seat base depth 53cm, seat width 50cm, seat depth 50cm, seat back height 75cm, total seat height 112-122cm, seat back width 53cm.
What stands out?
This is best option for most padding chair because of the ample layers of padding on both the seat base and the back. The cushioning is designed to give you superior comfort because it feels like a mattress. The contouring on the padding makes it very gentle to your spine. Furthermore, the padding around the lumbar region is designed to allow you twist and flex as you move your body on the chair. The armrests are amply padded to ensure provide comfort to your arms as you rest them.
Office Essential Mesh Back Swivel Desk Chair
Ergonomic Tilting Chair
- Ergonomic design: It features a mesh-back that is designed to support and cushion your back. The mesh is a also breathable.
- Height adjustable: It comes with high quality gas lift to give you a robust lift.
- BIFMA quality arms: These arms are added to enhance comfort.
- Free float and lock tilt: You can use this feature to adjust it to the most comfortable position. Furthermore, it also comes with a TORSION CONTROL feature, which is not common to many chairs. You can use the torsion control knob to adjust the free floating tilt’s tension to ensure it matches your body weight.
What stand out?
This is an ergonomic chair for office in the basics range. What stands out about is the padded mesh-back and torsion control feature. This gives you the ability to adjust the tension of the seat to accommodate your weight comfortably. However, it may not be the best option for working for long hours. Give yourself breaks to stretch and walk around because it does not offer lumbar support.
Cherry Tree Racing Gaming Style PU Leather Swivel Chair
- Stylish design: It is upholstered with PU leather giving it a stylish look. It also comes with tilt and lock and height adjustable functions. It also comes with a 360 degree swivel.
- Solid and robust: It is supported by a high-quality butterfly seat plate, castors and heavy duty gas lift. It is also BIFMA certified for durability and quality.
- Dimensions: Armrest height 64-74cm, seat height 47-57cm, back size W 51 x H 68 cm, chair size D 61 cm x W 69 cm with a height of 100-110 cm.
What stands out?
This is the best stylish design option for office chairs because it truly looks the part. Not only is it stylish but very affordable too. It is designed to make your office experience as comfortable as possible, especially with the high armrest, cushioning and tilt mechanism.
Best Office Chair Under £100 Buying Guide
Before buying the best office chair, there are a few factors that you should consider. Some of these underlying factors that will guide your purchasing decision include the following.
The best chair should not only come with an adjustable height, but also tilt and back position. All of these adjustments are critical in ensuring that your lower back is slightly arched and pressed against the back of the chair, your knees sitting below the hips and resting flat on the floor. This ensures that you feel very comfortable while working.
It is advisable to avoid chairs with non-adjustable armrests. If possible you can choose chairs with not armrests at all. However, if it comes with armrests, they have to be adjustable. This is because armrests can be detrimental to your sitting posture when sitting close to your desk. These arm rests can give your arms a rest when taking breather from typing.
A good chair should have a backrest that comes with lumbar support. It should not only come with a lumbar support but it should also fit naturally into you’re your spine’s curve. There are chairs that provide flexible backrests while others provide additional lumbar support. A flexible backrest moulds around your spine.
You should pay special attention to the materials used to build the chair. Chairs can be built with different materials ranging from leather, metal to mesh. Choose a chair that has leather upholstery with ample padding and the framework reinforced by metal. It should also come with castors to enable you move around the office.
It is important to find out the after-sales services offered when purchasing a particular chair. One of the most crucial after-sales service that you should be keen to look out for is the warranty. Find out what the product’s warranty covers, the duration and what repairs it may earn you, of course all rights reserved by the company.
Before you go ahead and buy your office chair, you should ensure that its capacity can sustain your weight. Furthermore, it should also fit in your office space and angle correctly with your office desk. A chair with a nice fitting will ensure superior comfort thus productivity.
Just as you compare prices of other products on Amazon, you should also do the same when shopping for the best office chair. Their prices will tell a lot about them.
Q: What is the best cheap office chair?
A: The best office chair that you can purchase cheaply is the Office Essentials height Adjustable Desk Chair.
Q: What is the best chair for sitting all day long?
A: If you are looking for a chair to use for extensive hours, you should go for Play Haha Gaming chair.
Q: What are the best office chairs?
A: If you are looking for the best office chairs, you should always consider the different Herman Miller chairs by John Lewis.
This has been a round-up of the best chairs to buy under £100 and the overall winner for the round-up is the Play Haha Gaming chair. Not only is this chair affordable but it also has most features don’t It is essentially the average of all these other chairs.